“The word property, once one of the most highly regarded words in the English language, has come in recent years to have a bad connotation because of the deliberate assault on the concept by socialists..Now..even those who most defend property wince at its broader usage, the inclusion of people. Thus, most women would bridle at being described as property. But the word property should be regarded instead as a very highly possessive and affectionate term rather than a cold one.” ~ Rushdoony, “Institutes” pg. 175
1. If you react negatively to the above quote.
2. If you think women should have the right to vote.
3. If you sympathize with Lady Macbeth.
4. If you think you only need to submit to your husband (at certain ceremonial times) and God help any other man who tries telling you anything.
5. You think your husband doesn’t have the right to hit you every now and then if you deserve it, because striking women is one of the worst possible sins.
6. If you tend to publicly correct men, because they’re wrong so often.
7. If you think the women who wear head coverings to church (as symbolic gestures of submission to male authority), are out of their minds.
8. If you tend to justify taking over family affairs because your husband showed some temporary weakness. “Welp, he had his chance and didn’t do it…”
9. If you’ve ever been offended because a man held a door open for you.
10. If you think it’s cute, or if you’re otherwise driven to compete with a man in traditionally male activities like hunting, handling firearms, smoking cigars, or if you seriously try to compete with him in sports like football or martial arts.
….this list could go on, but I think there’s enough for now. For the women who are concerned they might be feminists, I applaud you for recognizing how distasteful that would be and I encourage you not to worry if one or maybe two of these apply in your case. None of us are perfect, after all.
I look forward to the lovely comments I’m sure to receive…